Temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD) is often used synonymously with “TMJ,” which refers to the jaw joint itself. So, for those who may have TMD or other jaw muscle issues, we understand the impact this can have on your daily oral function and quality of life. It can be quite discomforting to endure joint pain on a daily basis and can be the result of a few various causes. So, to best treat those with TMD, our dentists at Northwestern Dental Group are careful in diagnosing the causes of your joint issues. Once this has been established, we can recommend and provide to you the most suitable treatment for your oral health needs.
If you are unsure as to whether you should visit us for TMJ treatment in Gurnee, Illinois, we invite you to view the list of common symptoms below:
- Grinding or popping sensations in the jaw joint, especially when opening or closing the mouth
- Having a locked or stuck jaw
- Discomfort or pain when chewing, yawning or talking
- Recurring headaches or migraines
- Issue with fully opening the mouth
- Noticeable muscle pains in the neck, face and ears
We invite you to call us at 847-505-0775 today to learn how we can help restore your oral health and comfort with our quality TMJ treatment.